- Single track the few miles of the line, reducing rush hour frequency to a train every 15 minutes instead of 5
- Number of LRT cars a station can hand from 4 to 3.
- Build less parking spaces (for example, one ramp is planned to have 400 spaces, half of the originally recommended 800).
- Building the rail bed to withstand 5-year storms instead of 100-year storms.
- Eliminating some stations
These weren't enough. As mentioned, costs have continued to rise back up to $707.6 million. This has prompted even further cost cutting measures by RTD. These include :
- Reducing landscaping at stations.
- Further dumbing down station design to make building them cheaper
- Delaying installing safety equipment such as security cameras and emergency phones.
- Reducing furnishing at stations.
- Delaying constructing pedestrian bridges.
- Reducing the capacity of the bike path that will parallel the line.